View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 10:59 PM
puckfan13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I was looking forward to Jarry getting a good string of games in. I think he has been better than Brossoit this year.

Feel bad for LB. He played well in the camp, while Subban was not very good at all. Apparently that means nothing, nor does his incredible run in the playoffs winning mvp. Why invite him to camp if he had no chance?

Very poorly handled and smacks of OHL bias.

They need a full time U-20 Canadian coach, independent of the three CHL leagues imo. Oh and fire that idiot Prendergast. Maybe we can convince the Americans to hire him and destroy their program?
Just because Subban played bad in the camp his dominance in the OHL this year and last should be ignored? The camp means nothing. Brossoit played bad in the Mem Cup and summer series and has not dominated the WHL this year as well. Obviously you have to get the stink off those performances a bit. He's been merely good and one of the top goaltenders in the league - but not dominant by any stretch. His playoff-winning MVP is what got him on the radar in the first place, it's not enough to carry him all the way to the starting job. I really believe camp play should mean nothing for goaltenders, and by that virtue, I agree LB should in fact be there, but ahead of Paterson not Subban who has proven he more than deserves to be there.

It's not the end of the world and the only reason I am not a fan of this is because I also wanted Jarry to get more starts but this isn't the end of the world for Team Canada or the Oil Kings.