View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 11:09 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 3099
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
Just because Subban played bad in the camp his dominance in the OHL this year and last should be ignored? The camp means nothing. Brossoit played bad in the Mem Cup and summer series and has not dominated the WHL this year as well. Obviously you have to get the stink off those performances a bit. He's been merely good and one of the top goaltenders in the league - but not dominant by any stretch. His playoff-winning MVP is what got him on the radar in the first place, it's not enough to carry him all the way to the starting job. I really believe camp play should mean nothing for goaltenders, and by that virtue, I agree LB should in fact be there, but ahead of Paterson not Subban who has proven he more than deserves to be there.

It's not the end of the world and the only reason I am not a fan of this is because I also wanted Jarry to get more starts but this isn't the end of the world for Team Canada or the Oil Kings.
Precisely. So why bother with it at all? Just name the roster and have them get together for a week of practice and a couple scrimmages against CIS teams, preferably UofA and UofS.

I agree with the rest of your post for the most part. I feel bad not only for LB, but also for Jarry. Big blow for both guys.

I dont think Subban is all that and I wouldnt be surprised if he craps the bed at the most crucial time over there (ie against Russia).