View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 11:10 PM
vippe

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to vippe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Kind of a strange comment. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the only Swedish forwards to ever go top 5 in the NHL draft are Sundin, the Sedins, Backstrom and Landeskog, and I wouldn't describe any of them as overhyped. Maybe I'm misinterpreting you, but you make it seem like there's been an epidemic of overhyped Swedish forwards, but I really don't see that as the case. If anything, Swedish forwards who go high in the draft have panned out MORE often than your average prospect. There have been some disappointments, like MPS and Robert Nilsson, but these guys were taken 10th and 15th overall, a range where it's fairly common for players not to pan out that well.
He's probably thinking of Larsson and Hedman even though defensemen they were pretty hyped. Still young and one of them is #1 of his team already and the other one is the #1 in his AHL team during the lock out so I honestly dont know what to believe.. unless I look at his country and probably know why he would say such a thing

vippe is offline   Reply With Quote