View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 11:30 PM
puckfan13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Precisely. So why bother with it at all? Just name the roster and have them get together for a week of practice and a couple scrimmages against CIS teams, preferably UofA and UofS.

I agree with the rest of your post for the most part. I feel bad not only for LB, but also for Jarry. Big blow for both guys.

I dont think Subban is all that and I wouldnt be surprised if he craps the bed at the most crucial time over there (ie against Russia).
I think the camp has some value for the forwards and D but they do invite too many players to begin with. They should cut down the invite list so it's just those battles for roster spots that they have on the last day and not waste everyone's time, especially those players with such a minimal chance of making it. But yes, the goalies should totally be named prior to camp and use it to get acclimated and comfortable.

Disagree about Subban though, I think he'll be really good in the tourney and emerge but we shall see.

Happiest guy out of all of this has to be Laxdal though. Sounded from interviews all week he was secretly hoping LB didn't make it for the sake of the team haha.