View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 11:40 PM
Dangles78

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Alright, but this is a Pouliot thread, and we're talking about his selection over certain other players in the 2012 Draft.

If anybody's writing off Pouliot or judging him based solely on not making the WJC team, they deserve all the criticism they get.

Believe it or not, a good portion of people here make concerted efforts to see these prospects and develop opinions on them. Discussing those opinions, even when they don't mesh with the team's, is what the Hockey's Future message board was designed for.

Sometimes people who aren't in the office, at the rink, or even in the business end up being right (and there's usually dissenting opinions from those within the game, too). Stick around and see.

Is that so?
Honestly, I don't understand why you feel the need to patronize me with a condescending reply. I understand that a large proportion of individuals on this board make an effort to understand the game of hockey, and specifically take an interest in the Penguins organization. With that comes a great deal of knowledge.

I'm not questioning anyones opinion. I'm just surprised that people are so capable of basing such a strong opinion without having everything come together.

And your bolded part...really? I don't want to dig too far deep (or at all), but c'mon. A lot of people have been writing off Bennett for awhile. The fact is, a lot of people posting here seem to jump the gun with prospects.

I can give you a condescending reply and say that while people have an opinion on DePo, I have an opinion on posters here. I'm not attacking anyone, kinda like you are, and I respect peoples opinions. With that said, a lot of posts seem to be "DePo sucks, pick sucks, our scouting sucks". No empirical evidence to support it.

As for the bolded part: sure people may end up being "right", but that plays into the hindsight argument. If someone can give me a comprehensive and concrete argument focusing on why DePo was the absolute wrong decision then go for it, but until then stop acting like you know how things are going work out.

Dangles78 is offline   Reply With Quote