View Single Post
Old
12-14-2012, 12:21 AM
redbull
respect, earned.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
So did KJ.....wanna chastise KJ's offensive skill when he's playing SMART hockey and not taking unnecessary risks on offense? All I've heard is big, smart and reliable about Reinhart.

There's far more to hockey than stats, folks.
watched a lot of hockey in my life - all I see when I watch Reinhart is the best player on the ice, the biggest body, smart with and without the puck, great instincts, low risk player, very good offensive skills.

He could be more physical. Yup. He could have more points if he jumped into the play more, rushed the puck more. Yup.

But if you're disappointed with his play, I'd say you're not watching closely enough.

Contrast that to Ryan Murphy who's spectacular with the puck. Morgan Rielly as well, he's going to have a very good tournament. Higher risk players though who will have some trouble in the NHL where players are so much bigger and faster that you pay for mistakes when trying to do too much.

Not suggesting Rielly/Murphy won't be good NHLers, but Reinhart, in my opinion, is as surefire as you can be for a young defenseman. He'll need some time (see: Hedman) since the NHL game is just really tough to play defense, but at this time, the Isles got themselves a gem of a player.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote