View Single Post
Old
12-14-2012, 03:21 AM
Atomos2
Auston 20:16

vCash: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Well, considering he has what, a thousand more points than anyone else in the history of the game, ya, yes is a safe guess.

Much of the time he would qb the pp from behind the net. If you can believe it. I had never seen it done before, and nobody has really done it on a consistent basis since.

But ya, Hopkins is the straw that stirs the drink on the Oilers pp. Schultz is a big part of the pp on the AHL Barons though. Hard to say if they will work together on the same pp or on different units if the nhl ever gets to playing games again.

As far as dmen go, Rielly is a pretty good pp qb. I do know that from seeing him do it. Maybe Hamilton is too, but Rielly would be my pick. Of course Ryan Murphy is that guy too.

Maybe we see Rielly/Murphy on the same pp together?
Ok, I understand. It wasn't my intention to get into an argument, I think it was just a terminology thing. I knew RNH is Team Canada's best weapon on the pp and that he controls the play.

It was just the word pp quarterback which I usually think back to Ryan Ellis in world jrs as an underager from a few years ago (when Mcguire was gushing over him like a school girl). It's how I envisioned it. Not because of talent, but because of traditional powerplay positioning. Just my viewpoint