Old
12-14-2012, 03:24 AM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
I'm going to address these issues objectively:

1. He doesn't even have a roster spot yet (really he does, but don't tell Potter)
Let's be honest. The spot is his, and will be hard to lose
2. The Oil get stuck in their own zone way to often.
So did the Sens. Karlsson changed it. Hopefully Schultz will be able to thanks to the style of game he plays. He does need a great neutralizer of a D partner (A Smid-type) to help relieve pressure in the zone and retrieve the puck for him. I trust our centers' ability to help with the generation of a break-out.
3. The best centers FO wise play on our 3rd/4th lines.
This is a major problem. Schultz isn't going to be given much time with Horcoff/Belanger, and Gagner/RNH are poor FO players. Getting possession off the bat will definitely be difficult. A luxury Karlsson does enjoy in Ottawa.
4. The west has much better goaltending than the east. (Aside from Lundqvist)
This is definitely true. There is a noticeably stronger defensive presence in the WC, as well as better goaltending.
5. The Oil are always injury plagued.
It's true. And it tends to happen to our top-6 forwards more than anyone else
6. And way more expectations from management
Not a real factor IMO

I'm going to add a big one that I see:
7. Schultz doesn't have an NHL-calibre slapshot
While not amazing, Karlsson's slapshot is definitely effective and allows him to get a lot of goals. Schultz and Karlsson have arguably equal wrist shots, but a defenseman's bread and butter should be their slapshot. Teams are going to figure out really quick that they don't need to respect Schultz's slapshot or one-timer, and it may remove his effectiveness on the PP.
Well, youre a breath of fresh air arent you?

Glad to hear Schultz isnt stupid and lacking hockey sense, he just doesnt have a slap shot, so the opposition will be able to shut him down on the pp, kind of like they are doing now right?

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote