Thread: Speculation: More Luongo Talk
View Single Post
Old
12-14-2012, 07:21 AM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I'm not arguing interest...the proof is there. I'm just wondering, if we use Gillis initial demand to TO as a template...what would he expect from FLA? And more importantly...does Tallon consider it.

It all depends on how each party views Bjugstad. If he is viewed as a genuine blue chipper, then he alone is greater than any one piece in the TO demand. He trumps all. A 6'6" two-way C that has top6 upside is a rare commodity indeed. So at that point, it's what other secondary/tertiary pieces come back from FLA to balance it out, if at all.

The perception of Bozak and Frattin will also factor in. If they are viewed as marginal adds, then the real value comes in the form of Gardiner + 1st. Does Petrovic + 1st equal that to a team that isn't really looking for the Dman to immediately replace a player on its roster? Maybe. And if Shore gets thrown in, then that's pretty comparable I should think. It all comes down to Gillis' and Tallon's perception of Gardiner, and how the FLA prospects stack up by comparison IMO.