View Single Post
Old
12-14-2012, 07:54 AM
YARR123

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry2perry View Post
I see many are predicting a Finland win against Sweden. Keep in mind they have lost 21 straight games against our U20 team and not won since 2007. They have already lost 3 this year though a few of the best players from both teams were missing. Many of their core players were also on the U18-team from last season, they also failed to beat the Swedish team in 4 tries. Finland will have a very good team that could beat anyone but they seem to have big problems against Sweden just like Sweden have problems beating the US.
It's true, our record against sweden is disastrous from last years, and Sweden has clearly outmatched us. Out of those 5 years however, I would say only the last two years (maybe only last year) we have had a team that can truly compete against sweden. The few years before that we're pretty bad years for us and the player material was very lopsided in favor of Sweden.

This year it's closer than it's been in many years. We're still underdogs due to Sweden having the mental edge and superior depth, however Finland's high-end talent is equal to or even slightly better than what Sweden has to offer. I still wouldn't bet my money on Finland winning but there are some good reasons for optimism.

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote