View Single Post
Old
12-14-2012, 08:45 AM
Mikksy

vCash: 500
It's time to trade Franky Palazzese.

Look at the Rangers' draft cupboard. That's a scary, scary place. With the return Franky would bring them, you either re-fill that cupboard, add quality scoring options for this year or fill whatever need you want really, he's the statistical number one goalie in the league.

You don't sit on the OHL goalie of the month and use him sparingly in case your number one horse goes down.

If I'm Spott, I've already said Gibson is (to quote Bill Daly) the hill I die on.

You can trade Franky and get the same or greater return you'd get by trading Bailey. He'd go to an east team taking a run, or he'd go to a middling team with team personnel trying to keep their job with a playoff run.

If Gibson goes down, that's the risk you take. There's always backups that can be acquired.

London went with Houser all year and in essence had no contingency plan if he had gone down.

Spott needs to make the hard decisions, trade this guy and get the boat-load in return that would put us over the Londons and Owen Sounds.