View Single Post
Old
12-14-2012, 09:07 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
I have just read your past couple pages of "analysis" on various teams that NEED Luongo and I have to say I don't think I have disagreed with one poster more in my life

Burke's four years of "failure"? Seriously, look at the roster he inherited, there wasn't a SINGLE decent piece on it. Really, LOOK AT IT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008%E2...e_Leafs_season

The top three scorers on our team were Jason Blake, Poni, and Matt Stajan. The pipe of prospects was completely bare, and we had not a single superstar on the team.

Since that time we have acquired legitimate NHL talent all over the ice (Kessel, Phaneuf, JVR, Lupul, Gardiner etc). We have top 10 scoring players on the team again (would have had two if not for Lupul's injury). Our farm team is for the first time in my lifetime actually decent and producing solid players.

If the NHL was like a car race, everyone else was already going around the track while Brian Burke had to make a dead start from 0 km/h. If he doesn't make the playoffs this year, should there start to be some heat? Maybe, but anything in the past four years I consider that building a foundation not a failure. I do fault him for keeping Wilson, not the coach we needed at the time with the roster we were running, but that's about it.

As for "traditional" rebuilds, Edmonton has been doing the traditional rebuild now since we started ours and they aren't any farther ahead of us, so it isn't like getting 1st overall draft picks in four years is a defined route back to the playoffs...
On this post i agree (well excepet the EDM part...they are going to be good). It's easy
to say "no playoffs...fire Burke!!!" from an outside view. You need to look at everything before one can judge...both good and bad.