View Single Post
Old
12-14-2012, 09:46 AM
JackSlater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinBomb View Post
Are people still pencilling sheifele on the top line?

I don't think he has the killer instinct needed to play with nuge. Not good enough at cycling the puck or finishing on his chances.
I agree, I would rather a more natural finisher. Huberdeau Nugent-Hopkins fire-hydrant would still be a dominant line though. Scheifele had never really come close to impressing me internationally, I hope he isn't just given first line position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
I don't see the point at all about what's happened in the NHL since then. There's no reason to assume RNH will be better than the dominant performance Tavares put up. I don't care what player you'd take in the NHL, the chance for RNH to have a better tournement than Tavares aren't that good.

It's irrelevant that Tavares wasn't the top scorer, he was better than Hodgson. There's a reason he won MVP; and no one complained about, over Hodgson. Maybe the 2005 team together was more dominant, but no individual player was as good as Tavares in 2009,. What do you think RNH is going to do, put up 25 points?
You're overrating Tavares quite a bit here. There were people who thought that Hodgson was the real MVP, including some of the media at TSN. Also, from the 2005 team at forward I would say that Bergeron, Getzlaf and Carter were comparable but simply had less prominent roles. Crosby was a better player at the time but didn't have a great tournament. There shouldn't be any debate that Nugent-Hopkins is a better player right now than Tavares was in 2009. That doesn't necessarily mean that he will have the better tournament, but it's not at all unreasonable to expect it.