View Single Post
Old
12-14-2012, 10:26 AM
Tiranis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Yep, we needed someone in the system to step up at LW this year. I thought Rodin would be the one, unfortunately it hasn't happened. Whether or not it will remains to be seen, though he's got to start scoring more. At this point I don't think he's going to beat out Kassian and Jensen for the top 6 RW spots, so he'd have to make it at LW too.
Rodin was benched again last night. The guy needs to figure it out quick or he will run out of opportunities. Arniel is quite clearly not happy with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Notice some people are questioning Schroeder's skill level? If this guy isn't skilled he doesn't sniff the 1st round in 2009. Skill-wise, he's right there with anyone. However, on offense he tends to want to slow the game down - when he should be attacking players more with his opportunities. That's what separates him from the like of Briere and St. Louis. He plays a passive offensive game more often than not. It's great when you have very capable wingers, but not great when you don't, as we've seen with his assist totals.

He's got to continue to be more aggressive one on one. That's when it will finally click for this guy. When it will finally come together for him.
Agree with your assessment. Schroeder has great vision and is very skilled, his problem is that he wants to slow the game down and dish it off for a tap in. He has been better lately at using his speed and skill to challenge the defenders. I think the lack of scoring on the Wolves is slowly forcing him to learn how to be more dynamic himself.

But Schroeder also has trouble because at times his linemates, especially guys like Sweatt don't get what he's trying to do. Last night there was a 2-on-1 where Schroeder made a quick pass to Sweatt but it was clear he wanted it back for a one-timer but Sweatt just has tunnel vision so he shot it instead.