View Single Post
Old
12-14-2012, 10:40 AM
Reiher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
You are comical. Let me deal with your last "statement" first. "Doing what MANY can do is not an accomplishment". That is your argument, now? Graduating high school=meaningless, I guess. Graduating college=meaningless. Graduating university=meaningless. Working hard throughout your life to achieve your goals=meaningless. All because "MANY" people can do all of those things??? I guess your life is full of failures and you have accomplished nothing. Luckily for you, MANY people (actually MOST) feel that it is quite possible for MANY people to do the same thing and feel it is an accomplishment. I really hope you learn something valuable from this, at least.

Now, I NEVER once said "they don't have to sacrifice school when playing 70+ games in the Q while riding the bus countless hours per months". You keep missing what I am writing even though it is clear as sunlight on a cloudless day. Yes, hockey players can choose to sacrifice their education in favour of playing hockey. There are people who sacrifice playing a sport to pursue an education, too. My point is that sacrificing your education to play a sport does not make you any more special, it does NOT mean you take any MORE risk, than any other person who chooses to go to university (as ONE example) in a specialized field.
While in principle this is true, the only thing I'll say is that if you attribute risk to the likelihood of success, then I think we can agree that there is more risk in trying to get to the NHL than there is to become a doctor, lawyer, engineer...ect. I only say this because the ultimate goal of becoming an NHLer offers less opportunity of success against the opportunity to get to be a professional in another field, and so the risk of failure to becoming an NHLer is higher, right?