View Single Post
Old
12-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSlater View Post
Bob McKenzie specifically said that he thought Hodgson was the MVP, and that other media did as well. So yes on TSN, really.

As I actually said in the post, those players had comparable tournaments. Bergeron had a better tournament. More recently you could make the case that Price or Schenn had better tournaments than Tavares as well. Malkin in 2006 on a weak Russian team had a better tournament too.

As far as Nugent-Hopkins goes, it is not at all ignorant to assume he will have a better tournament than Tavares, as he is a better player and will have better players around him. It's actually, pretty obviously, the reasonable guess to make. That does not mean it's guaranteed to happen but it is likely.
Saying stuff like that doesn't exact prove anything. I remember them saying the opposte of that.

On the second part, you're just talking out your ass now, naming off random players who acccording to you had a better tournment. For the last part, I get people questioning my logic yet no one questions this logic? You can't assume a player will beat one of the best World Junior performances ever, I don't care who the player is. If Crosby is the best player in the NHL, and has been since 2005-06, do you think it was logical to assume he would win the scoring title every season? Was it logical to think that Gretzky would be playoff MVP every time the Oilers won the cup? Everytime someone assumes something will happen because a player is "good", someone else surprises.