View Single Post
Old
12-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Worraps

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageNate View Post
I think teams (I know for a fact the Rampage did) have been putting their best defensive players on a line and putting them out there against the #1 line of the Barons. In our case, it worked and the Barons got little to no secondary scoring. I think the shakeup might be to get some of the skill spread out, effectively negating the opportunity to shut them down and to also jumpstart some of those secondary players. I understand the logic behind it.

With all that said, I kind of agree with you. Not sure it's the best idea.
The defensive strategy you just described would act to decrease primary scoring and increase secondary scoring. Other teams are clearly lining their best defensive players up against Hall and Eberle but that hasn't prevented them from scoring at all. In theory the rest of the line up should be getting softer match ups because the first line is attracting so much attention.

My concern here is that the new strategy teams like the Rampage will adopt is to converge on Eberle, Hall, and to a lesser extent Hartikainen because they know that no one else on the ice can really hurt them.

A recent example of this is the CHL teams containing Nail Yakupov during the Subway Series.

Worraps is offline   Reply With Quote