View Single Post
Old
12-14-2012, 11:48 AM
That

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Maletta is a definite yes for me. The rest is meh.
We're going to have to disagree on this. There's no chance that at this point in time I'd take Maletta over Nastasiuk and Moutrey. Vanderwiel is understandable as has been a complete non-factor in nearly every Plymouth game I've seen.

Maletta has had like four or five good games all year that I've seen. I will concede that he had a great start to the year, and has a few solid performances this year, but he's way too inconsistent. When he's on I simply don't see that good of a player any ways. With Nastasiuk you get a consistent physical effort even if the offense isn't there yet. Nastasiuk also has stand out tools in his offensive game that hopefully he will be able to use with more consistency. Moutrey isn't the most consistent in terms of physicality, but he usually shows up offensively and goes to the net hard. He has a great shot, good hands, creativity and is just starting to gain more confidence. He's starting to bring his physical game with more consistency as of late. I see both their upsides as top six forwards. For Maletta, I see a third liner if he puts it's all together.

I'm sorry, but I'd prefer a lot of big, physical wingers in the OHL over Maletta right now. Nastasiuk, Moutrey, Baptiste, and Silk are all guys I think are better players, now and have a higher potential that Maletta. Then you have Pederson, Vanderwiel, and Paul all players who struggle with the same issues as Maletta.

Maletta is a decent prospect, but he's certainly more meh to me than Moutrey or Nastasiuk.