View Single Post
Old
12-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
The fact they played full-time at 19 doesn't mean they were solid defensively. In fact, many felt they were rushed into the league due to their weak skating and low strength.

What made you think they were solid defensively when they started? Their +/-? Their extensive use on the PK? Critical Dzone draws? Takeaways? Exclusive ice in the dying minutes? etc...

Further, if they were solid (I'm taking this to mean average NHL level) defensively when they started out, then they became excellent in the Nonis/Luongo era correct? Because they improved from their initial standing, so that must mean they were high-end defensively by this stage. Or at the very least above average?
They way I see it they started off being given defensive responsibilities in their early years, and once they had shown they could do that they were given more offensive opportunities, and succeeded wildly with them.

My only gripe was that you said Vigneault is fine with the Sedins, so he would be fine with Kadri, which is absurd, as they are far superior defensively as well as offensively.

*I'm not saying Vigneault wouldn't play Kadri, I thunk he would, it's using the Sedins as a benchmark for that assumption.