View Single Post
Old
12-14-2012, 02:30 PM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
+/- is not the standard, it's a stat that can be used in context to judge defensive ability. I'm sure you can see the difference between the twins being +13 in a season where they score a ton on a great team with great goaltending and a season when they score modestly on a poor team with average goaltending.

Subjective conjecture. +/- is anything but definitive. I ask you to point out how they you were utilized and you give me generalities.

I asked questions per a "scouting report", remember how that goes Scurr? And you give inconclusive stats.

Quote:
Nope.
Well he has and I value his opinion in this regard.

Quote:
No, it doesn't give a definitive answer. Neither does your recollection of events.

So why contend my recollection? Aren't you using your own recollection to offer a counter-point? I have a feeling this is heading into "agree to disagree" territory.

Quote:
Why would I ask fans of other teams about the ability of players who I've watched their whole career?

I've watched them their whole career as well, and we disagree. What now? What makes your opinion an authority?

Your stance also assumes a fan of another team cannot evaluate a VAN player better than you can, which is also faulty logic. If their reasoning is sound, the fact that you've watched the twins more has little bearing.