View Single Post
Old
12-14-2012, 03:14 PM
Faterson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
They already didn't take the group stage any serious
They did try harder in the pre-season games. Although they usually lacked their team captain, number 1 goal-tender, NHL reinforcements, etc., in those games, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
PS: It might have been better if Slovan had left the tournament after the group stage and Vienna would be the only hosts? This way they stole a seat in the tourney from a motivated team that qualified...
That would potentially be an even worse PR disaster than what happened yesterday. Does Vienna have 2 suitable hockey arenas? I remember how everyone criticized Vienna's main arena during the World Championships in Austria... I'm sure Vienna & Bratislava were chosen as co-hosts because of being within an hour's drive from each other, so that it's possible to stage the play-off games simultaneously and the winning team from Vienna will have practically zero travel to do for the final match.

PS: I'm afraid the atmosphere at those weekend games might be funereal, unless Vienna Capitals advance to the finals and bring their own fans along. There were 2,200 people at the Tappara vs. HV71 game, but that was before Slovan's game. I heard that a number of fans who bought tournament passes just won't bother to show up for the weekend games.