View Single Post
Old
12-14-2012, 03:38 PM
sparxx87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Good point, especially when you consider the age difference.

https://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
Signs point to #bluejays leading in dickey chase. Have the prospects to get it done.

Blue jays want to keep d'arnaud but have arencibia and others. Also have OFs. Trade seems like strong possibility.

Orioles and rangers don't seem in middle of dickey talks at moment. As said, blue jays are frontrunners
Say it aint so... Please..

Why not just sit tight and see where we're at? This is overkill IMO..

On paper the team looks great, but we've seen many teams be good on paper and suck on the diamond.. I think it would be foolish to give up the wealth of prospects in one offseason with no guarentees we're even ready to go deep in October.

In reality though, AA said himself that if we hear rumors, look the other way... Many GM's say this, but Alex has proven that he keeps it close to the chest.. I would bet its purely speculation based on the simple knowledge that AA inquired..

Dickey wants an extension and I'd much prefer to keep some money in the bank and extend JJ if his play warrants the cash. I highly doubt theres room for two 18-22 million dollar pitchers next year.. If Johnson pitches well, he'll likely want Greinke money. Not to mention both Buehrle and Reyes' contracts being backloaded...

Nobody can question what Alex has done so far this offseason, but this move would be very questionable IMO.. Especially considering what they Mets have reportedly asked for from Boston. Too rich for my liking.

Last edited by sparxx87: 12-14-2012 at 03:46 PM.