View Single Post
Old
12-14-2012, 04:58 PM
cbcwpg

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
I think they could, but would they? They are in a bind. On the one hand, they don't want to vote the Coyotes out of Glendale, especially if they can blame the previous council for the upcoming onslaught of financial problems and cutbacks. On the other hand, they have indicated that they are against this sort of deal, and if they could follow through to change it, why wouldn't they? It will be based on political calculations. I think that what they should do is call Jamison on the carpet to provide them a briefing on the purchase process, including disclosure of the members of his investment group. If he refuses, then I think it would give them political cover for taking some action. If, however, they get the sense that his ownership bid is floundering, then they can just run out the clock and let him and the NHL bear the responsibility for the deal cratering. Either way, I think that they need to put pressure on him, if only to gauge what is likely to happen.

If the new council gets into power and actually get the opportunity to nix this deal, and doesn't, then I would consider them as being in the same boat as the council that initially voted this in. No different.... and just as misguided.