View Single Post
Old
12-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Anthrax442

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBeL13f View Post
Online, over the phone, and at all TicketMaster retailers
As far as I know, the tickets were sold out almost right away. This is Toronto, ffs. People would pay to see the Ikea monkey on ice, as long as it is wearing a Leaf jersey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29Potvins View Post
Some of you are *****ing about NHL players playing for charity? Who cares if they're floating or are only doing this for the PR? I'll tell you who DOESN'T: the people and charity that the money is going to help.

It's like some of you are missing the point of donations and charity..
It's up to you, really, if you want to just "give" when you get something in return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky01 View Post
Are you as cynical about NHL players when they visit Sick Kids Hospital during the NHL season? Or is that also just propaganda from the player's "PR machine"?
No, they get nothing for those visits. Now it's all PR and dancing in front of cameras. There are players right now who are doing things and not advertising it, and to those i . Other ones are just out there trying to save face in front of the fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Whether they are "floating" or not, the players want to give fans some hockey to watch during the lockout while donating to charity at the same time.

THE HORROR!!!!!!!! HOW COULD THEY?

Seriously anyone who has a problem with this has no life.
If they write a cheque on top, then it's meaningful in my eyes.