View Single Post
Old
12-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Who else on the current roster, consistently takes the puck to the crease?

23 goal scorers (his pace last season) are worth substantially more than $3 million.....I don't know how many times people need to be shown the statistics that clearly outline David Booth as a top 6 NHL forward.
I don't disagree that he is worth his contract, but then what do we do? Ballard, although I feel he would be worth his contract if he were used properly, is gone for similar money, and who do we jettison? Malhotra has an NTC until seasons end, Alberts and Raymond can be AHL'd or traded, Luongo is likely gone, but who else?

4.2+1.225+2.275+5.33 in capspace is shipped off, and depending on the return, we have holes to fill through UFA or internally. Rookies aren't free, grinders aren't free, even plugs aren't free. Lack fills one free agency hole at 0.875M/season, but we still have 2 top six forwards we need to replace Raymond (or, having Kassian fill in, a bottom line winger at best). Volpatti and Ebbett can fill in the bottom six, but we NEED a top six winger as is, even with out jettisoning Raymond. We also have a top four defender that's been bounced, as well as several "spare" slots vacant. That loss 12 million or so (really 5 million, less our internal additions) in cap space we dump isn't looking so great any more if we look to improve, and is just enough to stay as is, minus some role players, Lu and Ballard.

Last edited by Cogburn: 12-14-2012 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes (Sorry, I'm sick and at work on my belated lunch break)