View Single Post
Old
12-14-2012, 07:40 PM
HuskerTornado
Monster Snow Goon

vCash: 500
Probably last beer run of the year. I didn't need more, but I wanted to make sure and grab a few more christmas/winter brews before they were sold out. Mainly went to find a few gifts for those games at holiday parties where you draw numbers and pick randomly wrapped gifts. I'll probably end up opening my own to be safe

I drive into SW Missouri to get their superior beer distribution selection and I'm wearing a Pens shirt and hat in the store today. 2 guys start talking up hockey to me. One guy talked for at least 20 minutes about beer and hockey, playing against Messier and Hull at some tournament back in the day, etc.

This particular Pens shirt gets comments nearly every time I wear it. Got the last one icejerseys had back in August. The other guy that said something went "THAT SHIRT IS AWESOME" Wore the same shirt at an Octoberfest bash in Nebraska and had 2 Pens fans, a Blackhawks fan, and a Flyers fan comment. The Flyers fan was of course a "Pens suck!"

What I picked up for myself...

4pk of Delirium NoŽl - Last 4pk they had, as soon as I grabbed it they replaced it with something else and removed the price sticker off the shelf. Had it marked down from $22 to $19.

Also picked up a 750ml bottle of it.

1 St. Bernardus Christmas Ale 750ml bottle

St. Bernardus 4pk + 1 large glass Gift Pack (wanted a second large glass)
-Pater 6
-Prior 8
-Abt 12
-Tripel

6 pack St Bernardus Sampler Pack (Hard to find a couple of these on their own)
-Pater 6
-Prior 8
-Abt 12
-Tripel
-Witbier
-Watou Tripel

6 pk Big Sky Powder Hound Winter Ale

4 pk Unibroue Blanche De Chambly - One of the only Unis I haven't tried yet, can't drink all dark beers all the time

4 pk Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock