Thread: Metroid Movie
View Single Post
12-14-2012, 07:34 PM
Valar Morgulis
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
Fair point, but then you could argue that in order for a director to hold true to the story that Link has too much plot for 1 movie.
Well yea, you have to introduce the concept of more than one link and zelda at some point, and that the multiple links aren't always in love with zelda, and sometimes zelda isnt even around and you are cramming 10-15 hour games into movies.

Whereas Metroid is designed to be beaten in ~2 hours via a skilled gamer, you can cover a lot more of the plot and actually add really significant moments by trimming the non-stop action of the game played at that rate.

Anytime you add time travel to the mix and multiple time lines, you are pretty much in plot hell, which is what Zelda is, even with the triple timeline laid I mean, it would be akin to trying to film Final Fantasy 6 or Chrono'd just leave out way too much.

I do have to say though, Zelda might make a great serialized TV show if they ever took it seriously, which would be never. And I actually like the 80s cartoon

Orpheus is offline   Reply With Quote