View Single Post
Old
12-14-2012, 08:41 PM
ScaredStreit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve55 View Post
[B]I think Nassau essentially died when the referendum was defeated on August 1, 2011. But it officially died when Wang showed NO interest on the latest Nassau Hub RFQ which closed on July 30, 2012.Even though Wang could have sold the team to a developer who wants to keep the Isles in Nassau, no one was going to meet his price (300 M).

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...87aiMxswHMkaxO

Unfortunately for LaFontaine, who still lives on Long Island and is active in charities there, that price is said to be a sky-high $300 million...

At the same time, former Islander greats Bob Nystrom and Denis Potvin are advising one Long Island developer on a plan to keep the team right where it is.

The two are working with Ed Blumenfeld, one of three finalists to become “master developer” of the Coliseum site, which would include a new arena.

Blumenfeld’s goal is either to persuade Wang to stay in the area and use the new arena or, if Wang moves the team out of the area, to persuade another owner to move a team to Nassau County.

The developer is interested, according to sources, in buying a hockey team but he does not want to buy the Islanders for $300 million.
Nassau stopped begin a viable option LONG before the vote. And with all due respect to Potvin-what business credentials does he have? NOBODY would ever choose the NVMC over Barclays-I think we can all agree on that. And who in their right mind wouldn't take a brand new state of the art arena in Brooklyn over a bunch of question marks in Nassau? The suburbs definately don't work for the NHL anymore-and I'm not quite sure they ever did in the first place.