Thread: Value of: Edler + Schneider
View Single Post
Old
12-14-2012, 08:40 PM
sully1410

vCash: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Sully, my friend, are you sure you're not a closet Canucks fan? I mean I'm not sure I'd do it, but that is a nice return for our boys. I can't say I know too too much about Klingberg or Kosmachuk, but for two pieces the Jets...well hopefully don't need...I'd like to tweak it a little bit (additional prospects seem redundant with Kane and Burmistrov's respective ages), but I could get behind this.

Zibanejad, Wiercoch and a 1st? Tempting, but we'd need something to impact our roster now if we're losing Edler. And yes, negotiating rights would be given before hand in the event of a trade like this, naturally. I think Sully's offer is ahead of yours Not by a ton mind you, but Kane is a home town boy, we know what we have in him too.

I think it's more Lu doesn't want to be viewed as a back up, and have his ice time reduced further (from 70 something games to 40 or 50 something last season). I'd love to keep both, but I'm happy with either.
Oh I definitely am. I used to live in Victoria, until quite recently actually, so it was all canucks canucks canucks. So whenever I went to watch hockey, it'd be a canucks game. The jets are my first and formost.

However...that being said...I'm not the Jets GM and this deal while improving the crap out of our defense and goaltending, leaves our offense and defensive lines looking very weak. I just believe that to be fair value. I try to look at my trades as impartially as possible, and I think that value is what everyone else should meet.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote