View Single Post
Old
12-14-2012, 09:07 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
He started at 23, and was finished with the Avs at 27. So this really only shaves a couple of years off your example. I would put forth that in that time, he regressed in every single aspect of the game.

Right. He looked great offensively, lousy defensively, and had poor work ethic. Between the age of 19 and 26, what got better? Nothing.

But he's 26 now also. So between 20 and 26, what part(s) of his game markedly improved? Not his scoring, not his ability to set up others, not his defense (he came into the NHL defensively capable). Perhaps faceoffs? In any case, he's been either steadily doing the same thing, or he's tailed off a bit. But he hasn't gotten markedly better.

That's fine, but the statement you made that I am questioning, is where you said "after watching 30 years of hockey, I tell you our young 21 year old guys will get better"(sic). In my opinion, this is really as much faith as it is historically supportable. Or at least there's a lot of faith in there.
No problem. Clearly, I am wrong. The Avs suck and are in no better position now than when they had Tyler Arnason on their team.

There is NO hope for the future and everything is just a big giant pile of crap and it will always be that way.