View Single Post
Old
12-14-2012, 09:12 PM
cam042686

vCash: 500
I am attaching a link from Amazon to my book on the 1974 Summit "The Forgotten Summit." Of course I love the review but the person who left it makes an interesting point calling it the "What If' series. Indeed - "what if"?

1. What if Frank Mahovlich scores on his breakaway in the final seconds of Game 1? That would mean (going back to 1972) 3 straight losses by the Soviets to Canada in the final minutes of a game. What does that do to their moral?

2. What if Valdimir Petrov's goal in Game 2 counts (as it should have.) Even though Team Canada was far and away the better team that night, Petrov's goal would have made it 3-2. Can the Soviets then rally?

3. What if Billy Harris doesn't make all the lineup moves that he did in Game 3? Canada had clearly been the better team in the first two games.

4. What if Victor Dombrowski isn't an out and out "cheat" in Game 6? Before "he went to work" we were watching a very well played hockey game. Both teams were playing very well. If he was only inept both teams would have been furious at him. Never in my life have I seen a hockey official so outrageously biased as was Dombrowski.

5. What if Bobby Hull's goal at the end of Game 7 counted (as it should have.) Then Canada wins 5-4 and now Game 8 has meaning.

Craig Wallace

http://www.amazon.com/The-Forgotten-...rgotten+summit

cam042686 is offline   Reply With Quote