Thread: Value of: Edler + Schneider
View Single Post
Old
12-14-2012, 10:00 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
Now i'm not a Van fan, and i'm usually all for the undervaluing of their players but am I missing something with Edler here? I know he is a UFA and had a bad playoff but the way this guy is valued is like he's MA Bergeron or something. This guy is good, one of my fave Canucks, has he stated he doesn't wanna resign or something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
people are assuming that edler won't resign in Van (even though there is no proof of t) so they can get Edler for dirt cheap. Also people are doing the whole Quantity for Quality thing which won't work.
I'd like to add, many posters, including many Canuck fans, think the sky is falling with the new cap/CBA discussions. Brent Burns is my comparable trade, and my projected salary for Edler. Schneider is worth more to me because he's signed to a sweetheart contract for 3 (2 now) years.

A mid range (10-20) starter, at the very least, and a top defender who is UFA after this year, possibly but not likely RFA...other teams are expected to pay, if you think you're paying for a rental, please don't bid, because we don't value him as a rental. You'd be expected to get negotiating rights, so we're not looking at a flight risk here.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote