View Single Post
Old
12-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Reality Check

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
We overpaid, and I don't think this means Porcello is being moved. I think it means Smiley will start the year in Toledo and Porcello will be our #5. I'm betting we see Scherzer moved next winter, if we can get Verlander to re-up. If Verlander refuses to ink a new deal, and we can get Scherzer signed, I'd consider moving Verlander for whatever we could get.

Unless the Tigers are looking to permanently move their payroll into the $160-170m range in the next few years, we're going to have to move someone big.
Tigers will have a new TV deal in '14..remains to be seen how that or ownership will effect it.

I think Porcello will stay for now but eventually be traded. Either this season or next.

Scherzer or Fister might be moved but that's way down the line and they'll approach that bridge when they get there. This team is built to win now, Illitch wants to win and I don't blame him for going for it.

Sure..Sanchez is a tad overpaid, but 5/75 is actually a reasonable and fair number. Especially in FA where people will do the same thing next year and complain about X player receiving a contract that Y player received three years ago.

I can see the drawbacks but Cameron and Justice are fine with it. Even Keith Law is generally OK with it.

Also makes trading away Turner not potentially regretable in the long run