Old
12-15-2012, 12:25 AM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

vCash: 500
http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.h...id=DL|TBL|home

Kucherov:
Quote:
Prior to the trade, Rouyn-Noranda had dropped five consecutive games, including two in a row by a score of 8-3. Kucherov, meanwhile, has elevated his game and has seemed to fit right in to his new surroundings as he emerges as a great talent at the Canadian junior level.

“The first couple of games, I didn’t feel very comfortable,” Kucherov said. “Now it’s getting better. I feel great.”

Since joining Rouyn-Noranda, Kucherov has collected six goals and 12 points in just seven games to go along with a plus-six rating. His goal output is double what it was as a member of the Remparts, while his point total is two better than that with his former club.
Quote:
“He’s a top-end player who has all the tools to really be something special and make an impact at the next level,” Huskies bench boss Andre Tourigny said. “He’s got a tremendous skill set and I would say he’s one of the top two or three players in his age group.”
Quote:
“The game is faster here, the rink is smaller and there is a lot more hitting and a stronger emphasis on playing defense,” Kucherov said. “I came here to learn the NHL style. I wouldn’t have had that opportunity in Russia, and if I stayed, I wouldn’t be able to make a difference.”
Quote:
“Nikita made it evident he wanted to play in North America when we spoke to him at the NHL combine,” Murray added. “We thought it was a reasonable selection in the second round with his talent level and what we expected was a genuine interest in coming over.”
Quote:
“I want to play in the NHL one day,” Kucherov added. “That is my only goal, and to learn English.”
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...opment/1266188

Wilcox:
Quote:
"I like to take each step of the process to make sure I'm ready to play," Wilcox said. "Get a good base, good experience, get the confidence at each level and keep building."
Quote:
Wilcox, 20, is 10-2-3 in 16 games for No. 3 Minnesota with 944 minutes, 23 seconds of ice time that is fifth in Division I. His 1.78 goals-against average is eighth — and third among freshmen — and he has two shutouts.

"Tremendous athletic ability," Johnson said. "Even when he misreads a play, he's able to react back to the puck."

"And he makes big saves, timely saves," Lightning goaltenders coach Frantz Jean said. "That's the X factor everybody is looking for."
Quote:
At 6 feet, 186 pounds, Wilcox is not big, especially for the size-obsessed NHL. But Jean said he compensates with "really good" foot movement and positioning.

And a "tremendous glove," Johnson said.

Wilcox, though, was quick to note the contributions of his teammates.

"Our forwards are stacked, and we have the best (defense)," he said. "That gave me a lot of confidence coming in, knowing that even if I did give up one or two (goals), they have my back for the rest of the game."

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 12-15-2012 at 12:34 AM.