View Single Post
Old
12-15-2012, 06:16 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Thank you Mr. I, RIP

vCash: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshie97 View Post
Suprised Wing fans are saying no, Whitney and Kronwall would be a good 1st pairing imo and your only giving up a 3rd liner... I could see Whitney putting up a ton of points while Kronwall covers for defensive mistakes which I don't think would be as much as some are making it out to be.
Didn't Whitney himself say his ankle might not be 100% again himself last year. Can he play RD? He is another left handed shot and a pending UFA. He is more offense than truly defensive, not saying he is terrible, similar to Kronwall (I think he is slightly better in his own end but also an offensive d-man) in this regard we just know what end of the ice he is better on. I am not saying he is a bad player, I am not even saying the value is terrible. Helm is locked in for four years at a shade over 2 million. The management loves him, the coach loves him and he is a guy you count on to go out and give everything every night. He provides a speed and energy that the Wings need. I just wouldn't do it, not saying that others who would are crazy. I also don't think Wings management would entertain this. If they are going to dangle Helm why not up the package with better prospects and target a better d-man?

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote