View Single Post
Old
12-15-2012, 07:29 AM
GuelphStormer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
That's how I understand it, TL. There is another complicating factor, and that is that the lease is not just between Jamison and the COG. It also needs to be signed by "The Owner". Presumably, the lease can't actually be signed until the new owner completes the purchase of the team, etc. That would require completing the process with the NHL Board of Governors. Given the current state of everything, I can't really see how they will be able to sign the new lease until well into January. It will be interesting to see if the new council has any appetite to re-open this. Somehow, I think they'll leave it and just complain about the actions of the previous council. Meanwhile, Knaack can continue to look over her shoulder for the specter of a recall as the financial situation worsens and the implications play out through staff and service cuts.
that's the big elephant in the room (not the white elephant in the desert, that's a different elephant) ... jig actually has to buy the team before anything can happen with the lease ... and we all know that if that hasn't happened by now, it's never going to. so all talk about the lease means nothing because he is not able to buy the team. and all of the bankrupting gymnastics in CoG council chambers has been little more than entertainment for sickos like us.