View Single Post
Old
12-15-2012, 08:54 AM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Baron View Post
I'm not sure I have the answer to that...but I sure as hell no that it doesn't include more firearms.

What happens when a teacher tries to shoot the suspect but hits a child instead?

Gun laws in the United States need to be stricter...Old song, but it's message applies today:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Baron View Post
Limited access to firearms is a crucial step. Yes, people will still obtain guns on the black market, but not as easily as people can these days.

Plus, the stats speak for themselves - countries with strict gun control laws have fewer gun-related fatalities per capita than the United States.
When people want to inflict devastation of mass casualties, they will. That's the most horrific part, is knowing that very fact.

The last time this many children fell at the hands of someone like this was Timothy McVeigh (19 children). He didn't fire a single shot.

Sometimes being able to look past the end of your nose helps. People who break laws will not all of a sudden decide to start abiding stricter ones.

Edit:
I do apologize for continuing the politicizing of this topic, having a young daughter I'm still trying to wrap my head around the entire thing.