View Single Post
Old
12-15-2012, 10:46 AM
SweYote

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
I know what I'm going to say next is going to piss off a few people but I'm not holding back either. There is no question that it really sucks to see so many children killed in yesterdays attack. I do find it ****ed up that there are those in the world who think that the innocent life of a child lost is worthy of more sadness and tears than the loss of an innocent life that of not a child. I do understand that almost every child is not able to defend themselves at such an young age, period. But that doesn't change the fact that an innocent life lost is an innocent life lost no matter the age.

RIP to all of the victims of the shooting.
You're making a point of people being insensitive and then you post this less than ten minutes later? Come on, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
It is our nature to immediately focus on preventing future atrocities like this and some somehow "fix" this problem. To find out "why" and to take action.

People immediately run to gun control, blame media, etc. Politicize the whole thing and fall back into their familiar, and comforting political arguments about this or that. Playing the blame game and squabbling with the "other side" is easy. People do it so much that it's kind of by rote anymore. Doesn't take much thought.

The thing thtat is actually scary is that gun control won't prevent this. Changing to media to fit whatevver idea you have in your head as to how it should operate won't prevent this. Spree killings are an inevitability. It's horrifying and nobody likes to be powerless against this but that's the ****** truth. This school did their lock down drill and they acted exactly as they were trained to. They still lost more than two dozen people.
Great post. I understand why, but at the same time it really bothers me that people try to make this into something like politics gone wrong.