View Single Post
Old
12-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
You're putting too much stock in Kadri's possession numbers - sample size is too small.

Kadri is a turnover machine at the AHL level, doesn't backcheck with any determination or consistency and is still regarded as a poor defensive player even at the AHL level.

Any way you slice it, this is a poor two-way player at this point and he doesn't project as anything more than a one-dimensional offensive threat, similar to a Mike Ribeiro. That's fine if he's putting up 50-60 plus point seasons, anything less and he hurts you more than he helps.

I take Kadri as part of a package if he's not valued as a 1st rd pick. If it's the Leafs 1st or Kadri, I take the 1st without hesitation...

As would I. I don't think I proposed the 1st vs Kadri comparison?

I have stated on multiple times that the sample is small (50 games).

Booth was also a poor two-way player to you DTS. When there are at least two articles breaking down his underlying numbers proving otherwise. All I'm saying is that the eye alone may not be enough to judge Kadri's actual impact on the ice. That he isn't a poor possession player like Hodgson was... who the Canucks chose to centre their 3rd line for a better part of last season.