View Single Post
Old
12-15-2012, 01:33 PM
molsonmuscle360

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Prospects are a tough gamble, but the jays have JP behind the plate catching a knuckleball? Dear lord, he can barely catch off speed strikes. John buck is going to see a lot of work then IMO.

I still can't see it being D'Arnaud for dickey straight up. D'Arnaud is likely the best catching prospect in the game right and depending where you rank Sanchez and Syndergaard he might be the top jays prospect as well. So it's not like they're trading a boom/bust type of guy, he does pretty much everything better than JP.

That being said, I think it's clear the jays know this since they tried to offer JP and Goae first.

If they get dickey + prospect and he signs, ill live

It was sounding like both sides were making additions to the deal. But yeah, I was definitely thinking in my head that Buck would be getting every 5th start to catch Dickey. I really think the Jays need Dickey as well though. He's one of those guys that could actually push us into that wild card spot. That's the only time I even find baseball enjoyable is when the blue jays are in the hunt.