View Single Post
Old
12-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Serious question - no trolling this time - was there ever a press release revealing the nature of his playoff injury? I've heard a lot of conjecture but never saw anything about post season surgery or anything like that.

Reason I bring this up is that Kings fans were combined Brown and Richards had injuries throughout the SCF and there was never any post season surgery. In fact, the only kKing I know of that had surgery after the Cup win was Quick.
It was reported as a herniated disc (http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...oer_confi.html)

Like the Kings also probably had several other players injured also and go for surgery, the Devils had that happen with Fayne (wrist) and Elias (groin)

Difference between Kovy and the other two though were that Fayne still seemed himself for the most part and although Elias struggled at times, it wasn't too noticable he was nursing a messed up groin - Kovy though it was completely obvious and was to the point he had to sit out a game - Kovy's normal acceleration like that of a ferrari was that of a hummer during the playoffs

Wingman77 is offline   Reply With Quote