View Single Post
Old
12-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
My apologies gentlemen, I hadn't checked this thread in some time. I would have to assume that the Devils would need to be out of a playoff position to move him, and I don't assume that would happen, and that he has rejected an offer prior to the deadline.

I'd be in for a 1st, likely in the same league as Chicago, depending on when we meet in the playoffs , and if forward prospects are what's needed, we are somewhat bereft. Schroeder is available if Zajac is the return, naturally, but Jensen and Kassian are basically no goes. Guys like Rodin (higher risk, but also higher reward), Schneider (Stefan not Cory), Sweatt, Friesen, and Archibald are our bottom six/tweener prospects, pick one if you like. You can just have Kellan Tochkin if you like too. Mallet and Gaunce I'd consider parting with, but recent draft picks aren't typically traded away so soon.

We would presumably have to add a forward roster player, and I'd be looking at someone such as Booth. Higgins/Hansen/Burrows would be worth far more to us then to the Devils, and players such as Raymond don't seem to hold much value around here.

Gaunce+Raymond+1st or Booth+Rodin/Sweatt+1st if we can discuss contracts with him prior to the trade, at the deadline, and that would be my absolute maximum. I just feel that the first will be more valuable to us this year then in others, with all the hype about a "deep, 2003 style draft". If some cobbled combination could be made without the first, I'd be willing to work with that for more value, but we move into quality vs. quantity.

Once again: Kellan Tochkin.
Dude, Stefan freaking Schneider is not going to be part of a package for any player. You listed a heck of a lot of C prospects there.

The only prospects we have that might have value to other teams are: Kassian, Jensen, Schroeder,Gaunce, and maybe, maybe Rodin. Lack for goaltending and Connauton on defense as well.

If we were sure we could re-sign Zajac, not one of those players would be untouchable for me, however I just don't see a fit for him with us, and I'd rather go after Corey Perry or something.

For Kovalchuk I'd do something along the lines of Schneider + Kassian + 1st, assuming that NJ wants to rebuild on the fly.
(i.e. If Brodeur retires and Zajac is looking to test UFA/go to Winnipeg, then I could see New Jersey moving Kovalchuk for young players).

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote