Thread: Proposal: Van - nj
View Single Post
Old
12-15-2012, 03:03 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Dude, Stefan freaking Schneider is not going to be part of a package for any player. You listed a heck of a lot of C prospects there.

The only prospects we have that might have value to other teams are: Kassian, Jensen, Schroeder,Gaunce, and maybe, maybe Rodin. Lack for goaltending and Connauton on defense as well.

If we were sure we could re-sign Zajac, not one of those players would be untouchable for me, however I just don't see a fit for him with us, and I'd rather go after Corey Perry or something.

For Kovalchuk I'd do something along the lines of Schneider + Kassian + 1st, assuming that NJ wants to rebuild on the fly.
(i.e. If Brodeur retires and Zajac is looking to test UFA/go to Winnipeg, then I could see New Jersey moving Kovalchuk for young players).
I never said they were all winners, but I was asked what our forward prospect group looked like. As I said, it's unimpressive past the first two I don't think we could fathom trading for a UFA Zajac. If everything is an absolute certainty, yeah, Kassian and Jensen could be off the "untouchables" list, but there is no such thing as a certainty.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote