View Single Post
Old
12-15-2012, 04:45 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
You caught that I see

This is all a page from the sports labour negotiation script anyways. I just love how people hate on the union with notions that they're demands are not good for the game, yet everything they allow in their CBA makes the game healthy.

The draft, being an RFA, penalty fines, etc., all takes away from personal freedoms, but without them the game will crumble. No question that free market players would contract the league and cause the game lose competitive parity among teams. That's just market dynamics. As is the supply and demand for more skilled labour, hence only the best players available in the market would be selected, thereby countering the replacement players paradigm.

It's the lose of personal freedom that the players sacrifice to make this game healthy. But their demands are outrageous when the cling to the little freedoms they have left? More revenue sharing among owners is out of the question because the owners feel they're entitled to the freedoms of individual profit maximization, as no busines owner wants to subsidize a struggling competitor.

Then let the union dissolve. Perhaps then the owners will respect what a cooperative business model looks like. These ranchers think they're special, as if they themselves aren't chomping on the grass like cattle to stay alive. We all ***** ourselves out someway or another.
This applies to both sides does it not for if there was no draft we would have the Leafs,Canadians,Rangers just staked and the rest of the league would be farm teams who is that good for the game? The owners give up just as much as the players do in order to make the game work as well as it does.

The reason I am pissed at the union is that they were offered I feel a very solid deal in October but not only didn't they take it seriously but offered up 2 ****** deals to counter it with knowing they would be shot down. I love hockey and I have always looked up to the players but in this lockout it looks like they either are being lead by ego's looking to get revenge on the owners or they simply don't understand business. The union has publicly misstated facts numerous times and has taken many shots at the owners and Bettman when you just don't see it happening the other way. I am pissed at the union because they are acting like children while complaining that they just want to play. If the owners were looking for more than the other major league's I may agree with the players but they are being offered the best CBA for players out of the 3 big leagues with a salary cap and they continue to act like it is beneath them.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote