View Single Post
Old
12-15-2012, 03:46 PM
JAVO16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I don't see how the owners have a leg to stand on if this dispute goes any further.

I'm assuming that Fehr wants the salary cap abolished and if he proceeds to court that will be the end result.

The players never wanted a salary cap and they sat out a season until they capitulated and agreed to one. Now it looks like the owners want the players to accept a 7% reduction in HRR every time the CBA comes up for renewal. Having a union has allowed the owners to kick the stuffing out of the players and there is no reason that the court can determine that keeping the union is in the best interest of the players.

The court won't be asked about the viability of hockey in Columbus or whether 50/50 split of money is fair but whether the players have a right to bargain without a union or if it is in their best interest to do so.

If the season is cancelled this will be a big mess and probably the end of the NHL as we know it which is why I've wanted the Canadian teams to decouple themselves from this nonsense.
This is so backwards, it's laughable.