Thread: OT: NHL vs. NHLPA
View Single Post
Old
12-15-2012, 06:28 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Yep he should would and every player is a yakupov? Wait they aren't and this lockout is suppose to be about the majority of the players not the top few huh weird logic you are choosing.
It is about the majority of the players. Besides Crosby and Tews, what type of players were in the players-owners meeting for two days? 4th line guys like J. Meyers and Westgarth were negotiating their position. Who are the player reps?

Quote:
A joke? It is the best deal in hockey history just because you want a better one doesn't mean it will happen.
Everything I've read says otherwise. It's well known on the business boards that Bettman expanded into the south in hopes of receiving that ESPN national contract. It never happened, hence there is poor revenue for small market teams in the states.

But I'm sure you knew that.

Quote:
Its funny because the owners are also paying for team medics so lets pay the players what they want and supply them with everything
They would anyways. It's called quality control.

Would you rather YOUR doctor tell YOUR employee if they can or cannot work because of an injury, or would you rather an employee go to their own doctor and get whatever type of "doctor's note" they want.

Quote:
If the players feel so strongly that they are underpaid they should start their own league good luck building arenas and paying ref's and getting the equipment. The owners have paid all the overhead and now that they want to see a profit and now the players don't think its fair, I didn't see them complaining when they were working to 2 jobs in the 1920's
I'm not going to dignify this with a response. You're so desperate to justify the owner's position that you're willing to use this type of redneck arguement? You should be ashamed.

Quote:
You do realize they increases revenue sharing in the new proposed cba right? It isn't like the NFL's which I have already said I would like to move to but to say they aren't doing anything is bul****.
They're not doing enough when it's needed. Doing a half ass job is bul****.

Quote:
I don't get how it insults the fans any more the players lying to the media about the deals but I guess lying is ok but wanting to keep what you earn isn't but isn't that what the players are complaining about huh seems like a double standard to me.
I never said lying is ok. Daryl Katz was lying to Edmonton. Bettman was lying to Winnipeg. I hold no double standards. I'm not going to get all worked up about PR press conferences. Opinions are relative, and hence calling them lies is a poor way of characterizing them.

Plus I have no idea what you're even talking about. What lies?

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote