Thread: OT: NHL vs. NHLPA
View Single Post
Old
12-15-2012, 06:42 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
It is about the majority of the players. Besides Crosby and Tews, what type of players were in the players-owners meeting for two days? 4th line guys like J. Meyers and Westgarth were negotiating their position. Who are the player reps?

Everything I've read says otherwise. It's well known on the business boards that Bettman expanded into the south in hopes of receiving that ESPN national contract. It never happened, hence there is poor revenue for small market teams in the states.

But I'm sure you knew that.

They would anyways. It's called quality control.

Would you rather YOUR doctor tell YOUR employee if they can or cannot work because of an injury, or would you rather an employee go to their own doctor and get whatever type of "doctor's note" they want.

I'm not going to dignify this with a response. You're so desperate to justify the owner's position that you're willing to use this type of redneck arguement? You should be ashamed.

They're not doing enough when it's needed. Doing a half ass job is bul****.

I never said lying is ok. Daryl Katz was lying to Edmonton. Bettman was lying to Winnipeg. I hold no double standards. I'm not going to get all worked up about PR press conferences. Opinions are relative, and hence calling them lies is a poor way of characterizing them.

Plus I have no idea what you're even talking about. What lies?
Why I never once said they should be working 2 jobs but if they find it insulting making 500k+ maybe they should think about what real "love of the game is", they love the game no more than the owners and both love money more than hockey. Katz wasn't lying he is how did Bettman lie to Winnipeg?

The lies are saying the owners are trying to take back their money from there contracts that has never been on the table and more than 1 on more than 1 occasion brings it up like the owners are trying to take food out of their mouths or something.

So your saying not expanding into the south would have given a better contract? That doesn't even make sense since they barely show the south teams.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote