View Single Post
Old
12-15-2012, 05:47 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
So how would you improve this team? It seems like trading a 38 year old pitcher at the peak of his value for a top 20 prospect in the game who is also the top catching prospect in the game plus a top 100 prospect pitcher is a pretty good deal especially when you're trading from a position of strength don't you think?
What's the goal? To win now? Not happening. To win in 2-3 years? Not happening. To win in 5-10? That'll require a total organizational philosophy change. I think Alderson can do that, but this one move wouldn't do much to that end. And I think being able to watch the absolute best knuckleball pitcher ever in the history of major league baseball rewrite the book on knuckleball pitching is worth losing that little lotto ticket. I'm going to have to watch them be bad for a while still. I'd enjoy my life a whole lot more over that time if I can at least watch a historic elite stud on the mound once every five games. Seeing him go somewhere else and do it there would hurt that much more knowing he made it with us and wanted to stay here for a very reasonable contract.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote