View Single Post
Old
12-15-2012, 06:15 PM
KaylaJ
I like stories

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Most can't even viably support an AHL franchise south of the line.
Cause y'know, no Northern location has ever lost an AHL team or had attendance problems ahem. For what it's worth Abbotsford is better, but still in the bottom 10 this season along with Connecticut and Albany while two teams from Texas once again sit in the top 10. AHL attendance just in case you'd like to brush up on that is here.

-Before you bring it up, OKC is a newer location (they're in their 3rd season) and because of where they are will take time to grow. I know this may come as a shock but eventually if things go well, they too can become a better location.

Also something I noticed in my personal experience, just cause you have NHL players during a lockout, it doesn't always help. People will say "but they have Hall and they have Eberle, and they have RNH" etc, but I remember during the last lockout when we had some pretty high prospects and it was just meh. What happens in the CBA negotiations really can hit the markets (some for the better) and keep people away. Like I said though, it doesn't have to be a long term thing and with a few winning seasons things can change.

Last edited by KaylaJ: 12-15-2012 at 06:27 PM.