Thread: OT: NHL vs. NHLPA
View Single Post
Old
12-15-2012, 06:46 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Why I never once said they should be working 2 jobs but if they find it insulting making 500k+ maybe they should think about what real "love of the game is", they love the game no more than the owners and both love money more than hockey. Katz wasn't lying he is how did Bettman lie to Winnipeg?

The lies are saying the owners are trying to take back their money from there contracts that has never been on the table and more than 1 on more than 1 occasion brings it up like the owners are trying to take food out of their mouths or something.

So your saying not expanding into the south would have given a better contract? That doesn't even make sense since they barely show the south teams.
For the longest time Bettman was denying any and all plans of relocating a team to Winnipeg.

About the whole lying about the money thing, I think you're reading too much into it. Because even though the make whole provision was increased, it didn't cover the 389 million required for the owners to honor the contracts they signed. The owners sign a bunch of contracts before the lockout, and now they don't want to pay for them? Sounds to me like they're trying to take back the money they promised.

As far as the television contract and southern expansion, I'd suggest reading into it if it doesn't make sense. Bettman was suppose to get a NFL, NBA, or MLB type of television deal by expanding into the south with the logic that it would make the NHL a nation-wide sport

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote